Tuesday 17 June 2008

I'm back

Hello everyone. This is the blog note my uncle Jude wrote out at 7.35pm shortly after I got back to my room from theatre. Don't worry Mum has checked it with me!

Just woke up, feeling a lot of pain. Mum, G'ma, my Aunt and my fab uncle Jude were waiting for me. I am very happy as I just found out I have no canula's on my left hand and that hand is completely free. I have lots of canulas in my right hand. I think canulas are one of the worst things about being in hospital, especially when they need flushing. Something new should be invented!

I have a button to press when I need more morphine. Unfortunately they have fixed it that the maximum I can press it is once every 10 minutes. This stops me from overdosing. That stops my fun!

Feeling very sleepy with 7/10 pain. The nurses said the first question I asked was about how my Dad was. Fine apparently and wathching the France match. My Mum just told me they cut my hair whilst I was in theater! Ha Ha!

My bro also decided to join in the fun today - he was sent to A&E at the RFH by the GP because of his symptons - very bad cough and other stuff - he was seen by the tropical disease doctors. They were very good and he has had all possible samples taken. Any way he has been sent home with antibiotics.

My Dad is doing well. He is quite sleepy too. My mum took a photo of him for me from his hospital bed.

Tomorrow I will be able to tell more.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're such a brave boy! I'm so pleased to see you and your Dad looking so well. See you again tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Been thinking about you and your family a lot today. Pleased to hear you haven't lost your sense of humour, Quentin. Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Hi QB

It was great to come back the hospital and see you wake up from your operation. I know you were in a fair bit of pain, but you were bearing it in silence. I was there the first time around, shortly after you came back from theatre and I think you look like you are in a much better state than then. See you tomorrow! Love Jude xx

Anonymous said...

Hello Q,

It's brilliant being able to read your diary, or should I say, Blog and knowing what is going on and how you are feeling. Great to know the ops went well. Bit crap about the pain but I'm sure the morphine will take care of that. Make sure Grandma can't get her hands on it!
How was the kidney transported from RFH to GOSH? How's your French?! Love from PAJ

Anonymous said...

Hi Q it's Mrs. R,
Miss Jackson let me know that you were in Hospital. Hope you're feeling a bit better soon... Is there anything you need? Strippers, cheesburgers? That sort of thing (0:
You can get in touch with me on facebook...Just look me up.

High five tiger!
Jenny Rasmussen