Friday 20 June 2008

Friday 6pm

I've had a much better afternoon than this morning. I think this is because they took down the IV morphine and now I'm just having tablets. This has helped me be more alert. Also the nausea is gone but the muscle relaxant medicine they gave me this morning to help with this was horrible - it made me feel really weird and cringey.

I had a nice surprise because Mrs. M brought Mrs. DeB with her and I wasn't expecting it. They brought me a special card - my friends from drama class had spelt out the words "Get well Q!" by laying on the grass in the shape of all the letters. Thank you Miss. B for changing your lesson for me! All of the teachers wrote on some pieces of paper saying get well soon - thank you Mr. H for those Maths questions! Mr. G, my Year 6 teacher, brought back an embarrassing memory of when he came to visit me in hospital a few years ago and I was messing around with a toy car. Thanks Mr. G!

I find it very difficult to move to because of the catheter, which thankfully they are taking out tomorrow. It is good for me to get out of bed though because:
A) It's good for me to move around
B) My back will stop hurting
C) They will have a chance to change my sheets
I reminded myself of all these good reasons as I was trying to get out of bed this evening to be weighed. It was much easier than yesterday.

The nurses have all been great and I knew some of them from before, which helps. Katie looked after me yesterday - she went to Fairthorn Manor with me a few years ago on a BKPA holiday. Lots of people have come to see me as well, especially Suzanne, from the clinics and so on. I also feel comfortable with the doctors as they are the same ones I see in clinic. The great thing is that they all always explain everything before they do it and they are very patient with all the questions I have.

Dad is feeling a lot better and the physio made him get up and walk a few steps today. He said this exhausted him. He has had all his lines out now. My bro is also a lot better and I got to speak to him on the phone earlier today.

Thanks everyone for visiting this blog and your support. More to come tomorrow!

Q

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning chuck. Hope you slept okay and that today will be a good one for you with yet more progress.
Hope you don't feel still weird and cringy.
It's so good to hear that even when things seem pretty horrid, you can find some positive things to focus on.
I will blog again later as I have to get to work now.
Love you, jenni xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mrs De B said...

Hi Q!
Great to hear that you can go home! I am currently in Music school waiting for the LAMDA students to come out of their exam. They have gone really well. The photo of the drama card is great. Miss B will be pleased. I hope you are now in the fast lane of the road to recovery! Don't get a speeding ticket!
See you soon,
Mrs De B