Tuesday 17 June 2008

'The Day'

OH MY GOODNESS this is the big day

Dad is now having his op and I will be going in around 1pm

HELP!!!!
Thank You everyone for your comments and prayers and support!

This morning they got my bed ready for after the transplant. This involves an extra mattress for extra comfort and a special weighing sheet. It was really fun when they weighed me, you get lifted up when you are in bed. This bed is going down with me to theatre and I will wake up on it.

Now I am having my blood pressure taken, they need to do both arms and my legs! That is weird and ticklish on my legs. I needed a laugh!

Last night I stayed up chatting to the nurses for a couple of hours - I didn't go to bed until 2am, then I played on my PSP to help me get to sleep. As I was just getting to sleep the two babies opposite screamed and cried. When I did finally sleep, next thing I was being woken up to have some breakfast - I had 3 slices of toast. I was allowed to eat until 7.30 and I am allowed to drink water until 10.30 which is in half an hour.

Dad seems ok, he sent my Mum a couple of texts. He said he looks lovely in the stockings!

Wish me luck.
Q

No comments: