Saturday 21 June 2008

Freedom at last - Saturday afternoon

Hello everyone,
Today is the first day I feel more like myself again. I have finally had my catheter taken out and even though it was painful, once it was out, I let out a great sigh of relief! It's amazing to be free from it.

I had to move beds back into the main ward. I was quite nervous about doing this because it meant getting up and walking and this morning I nearly toppled over when I was standing up. It wasn't as bad as I thought as the catheter was out and this had been stopping me from doing anything. As soon as I was up there was all this nagging about brushing my teeth by my grandma. I shall hold this against her haha!

My grandma and aunty T have been reading to me this afternoon - a new book called 'Spud' about a boy that goes to boarding school like me. It's quite fun although once again I didn't have a choice in the matter about being read to!!

Please keep visiting my blog. Spread the word. Leave comments! Thanks, Q

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! So pleased you're feeling so much better. It's really good to hear. And being read to sounds lovely! Although, if you really didn't want to listen, you could get yourself a pair of those glasses with eyes painted on them and have a little snooze!

Nice to meet your little buddy with the catchy laugh too. I think everyone should have one.

Lots of love xx

Anonymous said...

Just realised what a plonker I've been in my last two comments by not leaving my identity. I bet you got all excited seeing messages from "anonymous" and then felt a bit let down when you realised they were from your "mad great aunt" - sorry!
Great to hear that the catheter is out and you're starting to feel normal -wish I was. Feeling normal I mean. Hope the new ward is good and that there are interesting inmates to make friends with or stare at.
I think that's jolly kind of Thryth and Grandma to read to you. I LOVE reading out loud so I'm a bit jealous that I can't share in the fun.
Keep getting better, and better and better.
Love jennixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

PS I think the world would be a much nicer place if everyone had a buddy with a catchy laugh! Maybe we should make it the law.