Sunday 2 November 2008

Q on the BBC Breakfast

Hi everyone, this is a video of me and my Mum and Dad on BBC Breakfast yesterday - LIVE!

I was very excited. Dr Rees was there too from GOSH which was great. We had a car to take us to the BBC at White City. We were collected at 8.30am so I had to get up early to get ready, not even a school day! When we got there we we were taken up to the Green room to wait for our turn in the studio. We were in Studio 6.

It was quite weird waiting but interesting in the green room because one minute someone was in with us waiting, the next they were live on air and we were watching them on TV. A make up lady came and put a bit of foundation on me and my Dad so we would not be shiny on air. She also touched up my Mum's makeup and Dr Rees.

When the floor manager showed us into the studio we were shown where to sit and she attached microphones to us. I was surprised that there was no one else in the room, the cameras pointing at us were all controlled remotely. The studio as well was quite small, it seems much larger on air.

Susanna and Charlie interviewed us, they were very friendly and made me feel quite relaxed. Before I knew it, it was all over and the next person was on who happened to be Maggie Philbin. She was reporting on having spent a night with bats!

Well I have to say, it was great and much more fun than my geography coursework!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey well done on the interview you were all great!! Haha i don't like sports either, its a great excuse.